Generally, the best way to contact me is by email. Write to
kodi at this domain. I have other, organization-specific email addresses, but my address here will always be valid. If your message requires a response, you can expect one within a day. If the matter is confidential, encrypt your message with my PGP key. I don't usually encrypt or sign my own messages, but I will upon request.
If you get ahold of my phone number, you're welcome to call me, but no text messages, please. SMS is a poor substitute for email and instant messaging.
My most common username is "Kodiologist". When I need an avatar, I use this image or some derivative of it.
- I'm often signed on to Skype as
- When I'm on freenode (which isn't often), I go by
- I have a blurb and a mugshot on the UCLA CHIPTS website.
- My ORCID is 0000-0001-9945-857X.
- I use GitHub to host most of the code I release nowadays.
- I often ask or answer questions on Stack Exchange, particularly Cross Validated, the site for statistics and machine learning.
- I occasionally make tiny edits on Wikipedia.
- And on TV Tropes.
- I was once active on Rosetta Code. I still drop by once in a while.
- I run some of my studies on Amazon Mechanical Turk. You can read reviews of me on Turkopticon (here's a mirror that lets you bypass the registration requirement).
- I can be found on Reddit talking about ponies. (Applejack is best pony.)
- I have a token Facebook account and
a joke Myspace account (as of 2013, the latter seems to have been put out of its misery). I also have a page on Google+ for some reason. (In June 2013, I accidentally locked myself out of the Google account
Kodiologist, so I made a new one,
Kodimorph. It currently has no Google+ page.) I've thus far succeeded at avoiding Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Sometimes I play games on Steam.
- I have three digested Internet Oracularities: 1410-10, 1411-03, and 1572-04.
- I have a few stories posted to FIMFiction, a website for My Little Pony fan fiction.
- I wrote a few strips for Dudley's Dungeon, the NetHack comic strip, in two of its incarnations:
- Not that you can find me on it, but I sometimes use Omegle.
- If you've been losing sleep because of a burning desire for a sporadically updated list of the books in my house, you'll be relieved to know that I have a LibraryThing account.
- Last and least, I've spent most of my life on a GameFAQs message board with an unfortunate acronym.